Find out how to deliver a brand-new family learning programme with resources specifically designed to engage all families. You don’t need any specialist knowledge to join – the workshop and programme resources are for anyone working with families and use inclusive approaches to help families learn about money such as Makaton, sensory icons, storytelling, and songs to support wellbeing.
It provides everything you need to deliver differentiated, inclusive and interactive family learning activities including 10 family learning session plans and multimedia content.
"I have not taught this subject matter before, so it was really valuable to discover what terms and approaches are most appropriate to use with learners when discussing such sensitive and important matters. There were lots of really practical tips and I was signposted to some excellent resources. Overall, it has really boosted my motivation and confidence to deliver inclusive family finance training sessions within the community."
Karen Anderson, Tutor
By attending you will:
- Learn how to deliver an inclusive and accessible financial education programme for children aged 3 to 7 years old through rich learning experiences using Makaton, sensory icons, storytelling, songs, games and family activities
- Get access to all the resources and tools you need to deliver the activities including facilitator’s guide, multimedia content, session plans and certificates
- Learn how to differentiate your learning delivery to respond to children’s individual learning needs
- Learn how to integrate Makaton signing into your learning delivery and how to use sensory icons to differentiate learning activities
- Find out how to join our new financial education community of practice and networking events
Who should attend?
This workshop is for practitioners working with children and families who are looking to start conversations about money; and practitioners teaching family finance who wish to support families with diverse needs, including:
- Early years and practitioners in nurseries, schools, family hubs and children centres
- Family learning practitioners
- Family engagement and support practitioners
- Adult and community learning staff
- Parenting support practitioners
- Multiply programme managers and tutors supporting financial education and family numeracy
Delivering Multiply programmes?
The course also supports learning providers to deliver against two Multiply interventions from the prospectus menu:
- Courses for parents wanting to increase their numeracy skills in order to help their children, and help with their own progression.
- Courses designed to help people use numeracy to manage their money.
This training builds on our Love Learning about Money programme - feedback from previous participants:
"This training was fantastic - I think it will be such a valuable programme to be able to deliver to families, especially considering the current economic climate"
"I love the way it's broken down into clear sections. I am looking forward to particularly using the health and wellbeing as this would complement the work I am doing with PEEP groups."
"It's a good resource for a much-needed topic. Managing money is something that people need help with, particularly some of our more vulnerable learners. There’s nothing else out there that I know of that does this in a child friendly way."
"I liked the flexibility. You didn’t have to just go ‘here’s the programme, here’s the content, off you go’. You could mix and match it, swap the weeks, whatever you feel".
How to book
Register below to secure your funded place.
If you can't attend this workshop, we are running more sessions - please see our events page for details.